Richard Baker Board member- Senior operations executive with extensive experience in business process redesign, productivity and quality improvement, organizational and operational analyses, staffing models, cost reduction programs, activity based costing analyses, projectmanagement, consulting, and operations management.
His skills and disciplines include:
- Redesign business processes to improve throughput, reduce waste, improve margins, retain clients, technology that could reduce cost and improve service levels
- Improve productivity, quality, customer service, client retention
- Conduct activity-based costing studies Develop and implement cost reduction programs
- Build staffing models to justify headcount and overtime
- Manage projects
A sampling of Mr. Baker’s accomplishments includes:
- Fidelity Investments – achieved $4.5 million in cost reduction through business process redesign, automation, outsourcing and the establishment of metrics.
- Boston Financial Data Services – reduced staff 21% (95 FTEs); reduced financial transaction errors by 40%; increased revenue 28%; decreased costs by $3.3 million.
- Fidelity Investments – redesigned firm-wide Brokerage and Mutual Fund new account processes and identified $3.1 million in cost reduction opportunities; consolidated Boston and Dallas Bond & Money Market operations; quantified over $10 million in cost savings by migrating 10% of customers from paper-based to electronic-based communications.
- Coopers & Lybrand, LLP – Identified $13.5 million in savings for clients: re-engineered Putnam Investments mail and microfilm operations prior to applying imaging technology; realigned AT&T’s Microelectronics Power Supply manufacturing plant into 4 just-in-time focused factories; redesigned Paul Revere Insurance business processes; managed strategic assessment of Boston Properties.
- Lear Siegler Inc. – managed productivity, quality and employee involvement programs for this $2.5 billion conglomerate; realized $25 million in net savings in 3 years. Education – B.A. in Business Administration from Whittier College.